From: Richard Van Camp <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: 13b & Renesis 13B weights
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 12:19:53 +0000 (UTC)
To: flyrotary@lancaironline.net <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Mark & Charlie,

Thank you for the information.  I am a little surprised to see this as heavy as it is (in Charlie's application) yet, like the idea of the dual alternator...clever.  Nonetheless, this is right in the range for FWF the aircraft designer specified.  I began looking into the Subaru's after the first of the year and decided I liked the EZ30D (i.e., H-6) because, it features a chain drive and is compact.  However, I found this to weigh just under 400 pounds according to Subaru service documentation.  While I am certain some weight can be removed this is the equivalent of the TCM O-470 and I see no need to go there.  Several have informed me the turbocharged 4-cylinder Subaru FWF can be in this range as well but, this is a belt drive engine.  This does not make sense to me but, I do not know everything.  Clearly, people have a successful history with these conversions as well.  It is difficult to wander from the rotary...

Rick