From: Charlie England <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] 13b & Renesis 1.3L Weights
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 23:06:35 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
On 2/21/2017 10:09 PM, Richard Van Camp wrote:
Can anyone give me useful weight estimates for either engine choice?  If I need to go fishing in the archives (or other reference) just let me know.  While I am interested in the FWF I am also curious to know where I can save weight.

Rick

Hi Rick,

It's hard to tell from the photo, but this is a Renesis sitting on a scale. Everything, FWF.

Includes Honda Civic racing rad, rad swirl tank, 30 row oil cooler (same as what Tracy uses on the 20B RV-8), diffusers for both heat exchangers, all hoses, etc, oil lines, oil filter adapter & filter, apex seal oil metering pump, ignition coils, modified stock exhaust manifold (not light), Aeroturbine muffler, tailpipe, intake manifold (also not light), throttle body, and adapters to attach to the modified RV-7 motor mount. Everything except the oil tank for the 2stroke oil.

Roughly what a FWF Lyc O-320 would weigh.

Hope that helps,

Charlie