From: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Flywheel
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 23:09:13 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
You will be using the automatic transmission rear counterweight. Originally just the auto trans flex plate was used to drive the shock absorbing pucks in an aluminum plate.

In some cases the flex plate would develop cracks and need to be replaced. Some folks began using the steel racing flywheels rather than the flex plate. Aluminum flywheels work just as well.  I turned the area beside the counter weight spigot down a bit further and made a steel button flywheel to carry the 5 1/4" clutch pack for the racer. That bolted on over the stock flex plate just to carry the starter ring gear. Very simple. Never a failure.

Lynn E. Hanover