From: Bill Bradburry <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: What do you think may be happening?
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 19:28:39 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Dennis,

I discovered today that my secondary injector disable switch was bad.  Flipping the switch gave no continuity either way.  After flipping it back and forth several times, it began to make a high resistance contact.  I guess the movement caused the contacts to clean off a little.

I am using the Carling S700 series switch espoused by Bob Nuckolls and sold by B & C.  This was a 2-3 switch that is double pole and is on-on.  These switches are pretty inexpensive…$7.50 each.  I was getting ready to  order a couple more switches and got to thinking about it.

The injectors pull pretty high amps I think pretty close to the switch capacity.  Does anyone know how many amps the injectors pull?

Is there a switch with pretty high capacity that is on-on with push tabs that I could substitute?

Bobby suggested some Honeywell switches but they are not on-on and don’t accept the push tabs.

Bill