From: Bobby J. Hughes <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Fuel Pressure Sender Leak
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 13:53:18 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I experience a small fuel leak during flight last week. Yesterday I traced the leak to a Stewart Warner Fuel Pressure Sensor. The bottom outer seam was spraying fuel. This units attaches to my AFS engine monitor and is rated for 60 psi. It was installed directly to the firewall mounted fuel pressure regulator and did not have a restrictor.  I ordered a VDO 80 psi replacement from AFS and will remote mount with a restrictor in the line. I guess the pressure pulses created by the fuel pumps and injectors are a probable cause for the failure?

Bobby Hughes