From: Jeff Whaley <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Return to Flight - 2
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 12:53:31 +0000
To: Bill Bradburry <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I spent several hours yesterday working on the inlet plenum.  First the pinch was removed and reprofiled with a gentle slope.  Then I decided to divide the airflow front and back by adding a divide vane.  I simply cut a notch on both sides of the plenum, slipped in a sheet of aluminum and glassed over the seams.  Also added some foam core on the inside to aid the back half of the core ... see attached photos.  Still have to examine the outlet diffuser (or none) and/or cowl flap, plus check cowling to see if any inlet area is being wasted.
Jeff