From: Tracy <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Heated Seats
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 05:06:20 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Got the seat heater kits from Dave's source on Amazon and very impressed with the quality for that price.  I wondered about the possibility of heat problems on the memory foam like Charlie mentioned.   May try putting some sort of insulation between heater and seat foam.

Here is a pic of "Euphoriac" (the RV-8, not the girl) on the ramp at her new home in Salida, CO.   Density altitude often exceeds 10,000 ft here so the big engine and longer wings make it the perfect airplane for high altitude airports.

Tracy

image.jpeg

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 7, 2014, at 13:21, "Charlie England" <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:

I wonder if the heat will have an adverse effect on any of the 'memory foam' type seat foams. 120 degrees is nothing, but 140+ makes me wonder a bit.

Charlie

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM, hoursaway1 <flyrotary@lancaironline.net> wrote:
One problem is that with most of our aircraft we have to step onto the seat to enter cockpit. In the automotive world we have discovered the highest number of heated seat failures comes from cust. nealing on the seats to do whatever, element breakages are main failure mode. With that being said, I have the elements, switch & relay to install on my RV6A some day.    David R. Cook ASE Auto Tech 36 years, RV6A Rotary.