From: Dale_R <dale.rog@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Crickets....
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2013 17:26:10 -0700
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I don't suppose the shortage on .40 has anything to do with various agencies of the the Federales buying up pretty much all the current capacity of the major manufacturers for the next year or more?  There are a lot of conspiracy theories floating around, but Occam's Razor suggests that the Feds just want to dry up the supply for everyone else.
Without ammo, a firearm is just an awkward club.

How much do you folks consider to be a reasonable supply to carry in your airplane?  For me, 40 - 50 rounds (Rifle=20rd/box; pistol=50/box) should be enough to see me  through a trek back to civilization.

Dale_R