From: Tracy <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Renesis CAS & EC-2 upgrade? ... Which CAS wire needs the 1K resistor?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 10:33:21 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Just for info:
   The CAS return is not ground on the EC2  but IS ground on the EC3.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2012, at 10:04 AM, "Steven W. Boese" <SBoese@uwyo.edu> wrote:

Jeff,

If you are using the gear driven distributor style CAS with a controller set up for that, you should not need to add the resistors.  I am using two Renesis CAS with a 12 and a single trigger tooth wheel on the eccentric shaft of a Renesis engine with an EC2 set up for the gear driven CAS.  To use this combination, a 1K resistor has been added at the CAS end of the harness between the two connections to each CAS.  My reference to adding a resistor from the CAS to ground may be incorrect.  The resistors are added between each CAS output and the CAS return.  I have not verified whether CAS return is in fact ground.  In effect, a resistor is connected from pin 4 to pin 22 and another resistor is connected from pin 23 to pin 22.  The green wire of my gear driven CAS is not ground .

Steve