From: <hoursaway1@comcast.net>
Subject: FIRST FLIGHT N655HC
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:07:54 +0000 (UTC)
To: <hoursaway1@comcast.net>
Cc: Fly rotary blog, e-mail <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>, Gale, Bren <brengale@hotmail.com>, janetzke, dustan <dustanj1@yahoo.com>, Mitchell, Cody <codymitchell90@gmail.com>, NAGY, DAN <dannagy@centurytel.net>, Thelen, Roy <roythelen989@aol.com>, OLNEY, BRUCE <bruceolney@yahoo.com>, Steinkamp, Melissa <MelissaSteinkamp04@yahoo.com>
First flight for me anyhow not for the aircraft, Terry Lutz ( AKA;;  world renowned professional test pilot, flew in from France to do the First, First flight )
Temps went;;   coolant 221 F  max,  oil 210 F  max,  on full throttle clime out up to 2000 ft., powered back from 6300 rpm to 5000 rpm/135 mph indicated, push the nose over to level off, pulled power back to 4500 rpm  ( made no prop pitch changes at this time )   temps went down to;;   coolant 195 F,  oil 190 F,  this is without therm. & bypass blocked, also would like comments about sealing around sides of both radiators, we saw the extra fins there so we allowed air to pass through that area, may install a temp seal & recheck data points next flight. Then possibly install venting openings in bottom of cowl to let more airflow out quicker.   David  R. Cook  RV6A  Rotary.