From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: nonEFI fuel systems
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:56:32 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "sqpilot@earthlink" <sqpilot@earthlink.net>:

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my many questions....I
have a MicroTech EFI computer mostly installed, and the intake manifold and
throttlebody are also installed.   I was just wondering if I might be better
off just "keeping it simple".   My MicroTech would take care of the
ignition, I just wouldn't have to hook up all the extra wiring, such as
throttle position sensor, air temp sensor, injectors, fuel pump relay, etc.
Also, I wouldn't have to have fuel return from the fuel rail back to the
sump and to the main tanks, nor worry about my high pressure fuel pump
failing, or high pressure lines leaking.
      The down side, of course is that I would have to provide for mixture
control and carb heat.  I'm not too concerned with the fuel burn....I'll
already be saving a lot of money by using auto fuel instead of the expensive
100LL, and my plane has BIG fuel tanks....bigger than my bladder, at least.
Thanks again for sharing your experience with a carb.  Paul Conner, Mobile,
AL