From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] FD rads & Evap Cores Take 2
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:59:40 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

Will I then have less drag???  Will the race car then go faster,  or
have better fuel economy at the same speed (a very important
factor in endurance racing)?  Wow, ... talk about a "racer's edge"
.... if it's true that is ... Does anybody REALLY know ... I mean
from a practical rather than just a "running the numbers" point of
view??

Hi Leon,

Lot's of good info mentioned already, but I'll add that I have spoken with the folks at Howe Racing, who make radiators for a number of professional NASCAR teams.  They told me that they make different radiators, for different types of tracks.  For the long, fast tracks, they make very thick radiators, strictly because the car will have less drag.  Apparently they have to make thinner ones for shorter tracks, when slower speeds are expected.

All I know about the FD radiator is that mine didn't work that well in the summer.  However the Fluidyne handled a brief 120 mph multi-car pass today :-)

Rusty (love that car)