From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: muffler hangers?
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:53:11 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message
Me too.  I also use the ss strap method.  Works great (300+ hours) and since the hangars are edge-on to the slip stream, they are low drag as well.

Thanks to all who commented on the straps.  Todd mounted his one way, but it sounds like everyone else just looped the strap under the pipe.  Did you guys weld the strap to the pipe?  Pictures would be great (hint, hint).

I ordered a wide stainless clamp from Summit, that's made by Walker.  It's supposed to be able to clamp two pipes together in a butt splice.   I don't think I'll try that, but it does seem excellent for hanging the muffler, though a bit overkill.

Tracy
 (still flying the spintech but have a Flowmaster  brand   Hushmaster II on the way.  It looks more aerodynamic than the spintech but don't know if it will stay together.)

I sure hope it's lighter than the Spintech.  I'm not nearly as weight critical as you are, but MAN this Spintech is heavy.

Cheers,
Rusty