From: Thomas Giddings <n360tg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: High EGTs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 08:36:00 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Soooo...what are those numbers?:)
KIND REGARDS
Thomas Giddings
727 858 1772

On May 16, 2012, at 8:28 AM, Tracy wrote:

I'm still mystified by the widely different results builders are getting with the Hushpower.  Both my planes have them.  I have over 500 hours on the RV-4 muffler and it's still in good shape (minus the fiberglass which goes pretty fast). Even the Hushpower on the 20B is still OK after 90 hours.   Admittedly, i do spend a lot of time cruising around at low throttle but every takeoff & climb out is at WOT.

Only news on the 20B testing is that I found my fuel flow calibration was off so it wasn't getting as good a fuel burn numbers as I thought.  Still in the same ball park as the Renesis at similar airspeeds.  At sea level it gets pretty hungry above 215 mph though.  There the numbers look like what you would expect of a Lyc. IO - 540.

Tracy

Sent from my iPad

On May 16, 2012, at 8:03 AM, "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

I have flown with two Hushpower mufflers for the past 8 years.  So far no restrictions, although the non-metallic sound deadener has long departed.  Also by having one muffler per exhaust, it may suffer less of a beating.

YMMV

Ed

Edward L. Anderson
Anderson Electronic Enterprises LLC
305 Reefton Road
Weddington, NC 28104
http://www.andersonee.com
http://www.eicommander.com

Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:25 AM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: High EGTs

And I am running a Hushpower, I run a bore scope up it today and the exit cone looked completely intact. No way to check out the entrance cone without taking the exhuast  system apart, which is possible but a PITA. Is a Hushpower considered restrictive?

Brian Trubee