From: Haywire <haywire@telus.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: muffler hangers?
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:22:57 -0800
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Rusty;
    I used some 3/4" stainless steel banding. When I built my own "SpinTech", I welded on mounting tabs at each end. I used 3/16" SS "pop" rivets to fasten the banding to the muffler and to the fuselage mounting points. It made a secure yet flexible mount (but not too flexible). After 35 hours of engine running including 17.5 hours of flight (and a few minutes of gliding :-), it still looks as it did when I installed it. I checked it 2 nights ago when I was removing some panels for other maint.

S. Todd Bartrim
Turbo 13B RV-9Endurance
C-FSTB
http://www3.telus.net/haywire/RV-9/C-FSTB.htm

   "Whatever you vividly imagine, Ardently desire, Sincerely believe in, Enthusiastically act upon, Must inevitably come to pass".