From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Storing your junkyard engine - don'ts
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:19:44 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

I have already posted one warning about not letting a junkyard (or used)
engine sit for any extended time without taking it apart immediately as
you get it home.

Sorry to hear about your rusted housings.  Attached are a couple pics that are painful to look at as well.  These are pics that Bruce took of my "new" engine that had been sitting around for a couple years with water in the block.  It seems that Mazda doesn't drain the bock after they test run them.  Fortunately, for me, all was OK.

BTW- I'm not sure I've ever seen your steel shipping strap muffler hangers, so what's not to like :-)

Rusty