From: Perry Mick <pjmick@mail.viclink.com>
Subject: Oil Cooler mounting
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 08:41:37 -0800
To: Fly Rotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I originally had the 2nd gen oil cooler stuffed inside the cowling. Trying to get effective inlet and exit ducts in the cowl was a problem. Here is my current configuration. Works very well, probably the best possible method of getting high airflow through the cooler, and no exit ducting required. You do not want restrictions on the exit side.

Oil cooler is in the left armpit and coolant rad is fed by a big NACA inlet on the bottom of the fuselage.

--
Perry Mick
http://www.ductedfan.com

Image