From: Russell Duffy <13brv3@bellsouth.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Oil Cooler
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:21:34 -0600
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Message

I have two oil ports on the engine. One port is on the plugs side up near the alternator end. I think this is where the oil comes OUT. The other port is at the oil filter housing. I think this is the return.

Hi John,

On a 2nd gen engine at least, the oil out from the engine is on the aluminum "front" cover, pointing toward the plug side.  The return to the engine is on the "rear" (flywheel) end housing, near the bottom, on the plug side.  I haven't really checked this on a 3rd gen, so I'm not sure if it's different.

Cheers,
Rusty  (intake, alt, and water pump re-installed)