From: sqpilot@earthlink <sqpilot@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Oil Cooler
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:41:24 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi, fellow rotary enthusiasts....I managed to mount my radiator, and I am
now engaged in oil-cooler mounting. (Sounds like it could be "R" rated or
something). I was intending on mounting it underneath my oil pan (on a
canard pusher). Unfortunately, due to height restrictions, I cannot mount it
vertically under the oil pan.  I can, however lay it face down and mount it,
then tilt it at an approximate 30 degree angle.  Any idea if I might get
sufficient flow through the stock Mazda oil cooler if it is inclined
approximately 30 degrees from laying flat?  If I remember correctly, Ken has
his oil cooler mounted so that the air is coming in from one end of the
cooler, running along the full length of the cooler, inside a tube. It is on
an amphibious Coot aircraft.  If this won't work, I'll probably have to go
to a different size/type of oil cooler.  I would prefer to use the stock
Mazda unit, because it has the thermostat built in, and should be of the
appropriate size for the 13b.   Thanks for all of your input and advice.
Paul Conner