From: Finn Lassen <finnlassen@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Engine.
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:39:46 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Russell Duffy wrote:
Message
I would like to install a 13b 1992 turbo engine, can any body tell me which parts should I buy with the engine? I mean should I take radiators, ECU etc....
Many thanks in advance,
Shahar Tsabari
Italy

Greetings,

I don't know of anyone that's running the stock ECU, though I'm sure it could be possible.   Most folks on this list are probably using Tracy's engine computer, which is a fine system, designed for the job.  The radiator in the car would be too small for aircraft use.  Some people are using a large aftermarket radiator, though most are using air conditioner evaporator cores.

I would take the engine, the intake manifolds, fuel rails, throttle body, exhaust manifold and turbo (if you plan to use the turbo).  If the car happened to have an automatic transmission, get the flex plate and flywheel.

Anything else guys?  What did I miss?
Ignition coils, alternator and starter.

Finn