From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] wide-band o2 sensor DIY project
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:45:13 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Charlie, I looked into adapting my EFISM to use a wide band O2 sensor, I though it would be simple - just a different (more linear) O2 sensor voltage output range - however, the problem is the control circuit required to maintain the precise sensor temperature (needed for any accuracy) is more complex than that required to simply read the sensor signal.  In fact, from what I have read if you do not control the heater temperature precisely - not only does accuracy suffer but the life of the sensor is also shortened.  Bosch does have a control chip - but its almost as large as my circuit board and not cheap.

There are a number of DIY wide band units that are available.  My favorite is located here:

Ed

Edward L. Anderson
Anderson Electronic Enterprises LLC
305 Reefton Road
Weddington, NC 28104
http://www.andersonee.com
http://www.eicommander.com

Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 9:26 AM
Subject: [FlyRotary] wide-band o2 sensor DIY project

You can find interesting stuff in the most unexpected places....