From: <lehanover@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Dennis Haverlah Fuel System...or any others, for that matter.
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:53:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
A logical cure for a common problem. Well done.

Lynn E. Hanover
BTW, what made me decide to do this was some reading I was doing on the forums.  The chamber in the base that holds the pressurized fuel also has an 1/8"NPT outlet meant for a fuel pressure gauge.  I was considering using this for the pressure bleed connection.  Some of the hot-rodders were complaining about how the Aeromotive regulators weren't holding pressure after the fuel pumps were shut down.  They traced their woes to poor machining of the steel ball's seat on the base's post.

Their spending time and energy to clean up the machining to make a perfect seal, so I went out and destroyed some beautiful machine work to make a terrible seal.  Go figure.