From: <13brv3@mchsi.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary]Re: Epoxy paint
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:17:05 -0400
To: <flyrotary>

Self etching primer?  You would be working with aluminum then?  I'm just
priming 4130.  I don't think I want to etch that (at least I've not heard of
it being recommended).

Actually, I was referring to steel parts, which are all that I've used the
epoxy paint on.  I also use the self etching primer on steel parts, and have
never heard anyone say not to.  It's an interesting point, but I just don't
think the "etching" is really going to be a structural issue.  It would
certainly have to be much less damaging than rust.

Rusty