From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]Re: Remove rear counterweight.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:16:16 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Tracy Crook" <lors01@msn.com>:

> Again, I'm into 20B teardown.  Have removed the rear flywheel nut and
> auto trans flywheel.  I'm having no success removing the counterweight.

The method I've always used is to loosen the crankshaft nut a couple of
turns,  bolt a 1/2" steel plate drilled with the counter weight hole pattern
over the nut so it is pulling the CW off the shaft.  DO NOT tighten the
bolts & try to pull it off, just bring them up to 20 Ft pounds or so.  Then,
smack the plate with a hammer directly over the center where the nut is.
The CW usually pops off on the first hit.

Tracy Crook
tcrook@rotaryaviation.com
www.rotaryaviation.com