From: Marc Wiese <cardmarc@midsouth.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: rx7s and turbos
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:44:12 -0500
To: <flyrotary>
> BTW- how many RX-7's do you have anyway?  I know you have his and hers
> FD's,
> then you mentioned an FC.  Any of those have valve covers?  Hope not
:-)
Rusty,
There will NEVER be valve covers on any of my Rxs. I know that is a
thing some people do-heretics, I call them. I might put a 20B in an FC
or FD but never a v6 or v8.
In fact I'd like to put 20B rotary in a new jag xke (Mazda-ford-jag,
right?), Now that would be a GREAT looking and the most esthetically
pleasing car to me.
My wife has had all three gens of the rx7 (she is the one that really
got me interested in the car AND the engine long ago before I married
her!). I had a 91 nt convertible for awhile to have fun with and for
kicks I rebuilt the engine. Now we have two FDs, and I have a garage
full of bum FD engines and one 20B and lots of parts!
However, I DO own a valve cover set on the Lyc in a CardinalRG. I have
had that set for over 20 years. Got my A/P working on it-and will
probably sell it when the kit is complete.
You might check around for another rx7 t2 turbo, if you change your mind
on engine configuration. I just got one complete for $285 from
The Parts Trader (which started out as the 'rx7 parts trader'). Put an
ad in the "wanted" section. The one I got was pristine.
And you could always make your own cowl!
[Marc Wiese]