From: John Slade <jslade@canardaviation.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Hard hot start problem possibly found.
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 09:02:10 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Chris,
Once in a while I'll get a difficult start. She seems to be running on 1 rotor for a few seconds, then things suddenly clear up and she runs smoothly from then on.

I recently had a problem with a stuck seal in the turbo of my BMW 740i. With the engine hot & idling I added a pint of MMO to the oil and a pint to the gas, let her idle for 20 minutes, then "blew her out" with some hard driving. The seal freed up and all smoke from the exhaust ceased.

Good luck with your seal problem.
Regards,
John