From: Chris Barber <cbarber@texasattorney.net>
Subject: hot hard start...
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 01:44:26 +0000
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Oh, and by the way, I had already checked so many things before I got to the point of pulling the plugs and checking the apex seals that my brain hurts.  Things like clogged fuel filter, Map pressure hoses, connections on the EC2, making sure to turn the pumps off at shut down, not flooding it hopefully, among others.

It did seem to start better when  mixture was pretty much full lean but took extremely long cranking....literally a minute or too or more.  When it did start, it seemed to kind of creep up on actually running and not just fire up.  It seem to be just on the edge of starting, but would not want to actually start.  I am surprised I did not burn out my starter completely.  I was developing power...up to about 6300 rpm with 3 lbs of boost, but today when I ran it up I was only getting around 5000 rpm and it was running rough and I could not seem to get it to smooth out.

Chris