From: Mark Steitle <msteitle@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: GM Coil Comparison
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:32:59 -0600
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
OK Al, I'll tell you my reason for upgrading.  My engine has always had an occasional intermittent misfire, usually on climbout but occasionally in cruise.  It happens infrequently just to one compression cycle and then it clears up.  Obviously, this does not instill confidence with pax, or myself either.  I've tried various solutions, but the problem persists.  I'm hoping the hotter spark from the 585 coils will cure this annoying problem.  I'll report back after installing the new coils and test flying.

Mark S.