From: Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel pressure regulator model?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:40:29 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Charlie and Group, I’m using the (Modified) stock Mazda fuel rail with its built-in regulator.

Jeff

Charlie England <ceengland@bellsouth.net>

fuel pressure regulator model?

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:07:12 -0600

flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

What have y'all been using for a regulator? The online speed shops seem to have very limited info on their regulators (MAP sensing, in/out connectors, even regulation pressure).

OEM regulators are cheap ($23-$50) but all I've seen would require a machined adapter block. The in-line types that I've found that are well documented & should work, are fairly expensive ($120+). My intent is to insert the regulator immediately after the high pressure pumps, on the cockpit side of the firewall, common practice on new cars & I think that's what Tracy did on the RV-8. Some of the inline regulators don't seem to have MAP sensing; is anyone using a regulator w/o MAP sensing?

Thanks,

Charlie

Jeff Whaley
Manager, Test and Repair

International Datacasting Corp.

Tele: 613-596-4120 (ext: 2295)
Fax:  613-596-9208

www.datacast.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5747 (20101230) __________

http://www.eset.com

This message, and the documents attached hereto, is intended only for the addressee and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message. Thank you.