From: Charlie England <ceengland@bellsouth.net>
Subject: fuel pressure regulator model?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:07:12 -0600
To: flyrotary <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
What have y'all been using for a regulator? The online speed shops seem to have very limited info on their regulators (MAP sensing, in/out connectors, even regulation pressure).

OEM regulators are cheap ($23-$50) but all I've seen would require a machined adapter block. The in-line types that I've found that are well documented & should work, are fairly expensive ($120+). My intent is to insert the regulator immediately after the high pressure pumps, on the cockpit side of the firewall, common practice on new cars & I think that's what Tracy did on the RV-8. Some of the inline regulators don't seem to have MAP sensing; is anyone using a regulator w/o MAP sensing?

Thanks,

Charlie