From: Tracy <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Fuel rail pressure
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 14:40:24 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hello Brian,
   Here is an excerpt from the updated EM2 installation guide.   Note that this assumes that your EM2 has been updated since this change was developed (last 2 months or so).

FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR

    The EM2 was originally designed around VDO pressure sensors and the fuel pressure sensor was to be the same type as used for the Oil Pressure sensor.  VDO at some point changed the design of these sensor and they are no longer  safe to use with Fuel (they begin leaking from the terminal end).   The closest substitute is a Stewart Warner  114875.      These are available from Summit Racing as PN  SWW-114875.   To make it fully compatible with the EM2 you must wire a 562 ohm resistor from the sensor output terminal to ground.   This can be added near the sensor or near the EM2, which ever is most convenient.    You must also set the Channel 13(mixture)  Low limit value to 1 instead of 0.  The calibration values for the Fuel pressure channel (12) should then be set to the following values:  Scale factor – 6.922 , LOW END OFFSET – 0, SENSOR OFFSET ~ 963 , LOW ALARM LIMIT - ~28 , HIGH ALARM LIMIT -~55.

Tracy