From: Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net>
Subject: Fuel rail pressure
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:49:47 -0800
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

Also remember that when you are starting the engine you are starting it under a load.  This is different then in a car config where in a car you are starting it with no load attached to the crankshaft.  If the fuel rails are getting so hot that they are vaporizing I would think this would cause an excess pressure in the fuel system and be very dangerous.  This is not a problem I have ever had in a car.  What is causing this besides poor ventilation?

The pressure in the fuel rail can never exceed the setting of the pressure regulator; which should bear about 40 psi engine off. That’s true even if you call the e-shaft a crankshaftJ.

Al