From: sqpilot@earthlink <sqpilot@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Oil filter adapter
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:26:01 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi, fellow rotary enthusiasts....We finally finished research and
development on the 90 degree oil filter adapter for the 13b.  The problem I
had with the original oil filter location was that the height of the oil
filter would interfere with the top of my cowling. I purchased a remote oil
filter adapter kit, and after looking at it, I decided I did not want the
extra weight, extra hoses (every additional hose is a potential leak), and
it just didn't look very professional. A machinist friend of mine has made
oil filter adapters for Lycomings, so we put pooled our ideas and came up
with this 90 degree adapter. It lowers the overall height of the oil filter,
requires no additional hoses, and best of all, it uses the original oil
filter "pad" that comes on the engine in the first place. Why re-create the
part that the oil filter screws onto if it ain't broke?  Plus, I can now
still use the original small oil filter. He is going to make a few of them,
and I guess we'll see how much interest there is in them. Here come the
pictures.  Thanks in advance for any and all comments and suggestions.
     I have more pictures from different angles if anyone would like. Don't
want to send too many at once, to prevent long download times. Paul Conner