From: <bktrub@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Rotary Engine Considerations
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:35:54 -0500
To: <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
You are corresponding with a group of people who are biased toward the rotary engine. We  believe that it is much superior to conventional piston engine engines. It is more compact, smoother, more durable, and much less expensive. But, it's definately not plug and play. There aren't any bolt-on engine packages at this point. We all think that all the work that we put in to utilize these engines is worth the advantages of these engines. So, with that in mind, know that you will have to do or find someone to help you make an engine mount, exhaust system, etc. Just know what you are in for. I just completed an engine installation, I had never built a plane before, or done serious welding, or any real machining, but have acquired enough of these skills to succeed in getting this plane into the air. To me, it was worth it, I have 190 or so horsepower for a total of less than $8000 firewall forward. Just know that you will have to do some problem solving. This newsletter is invaluable for that, and I credit it with for my success. You can do this, just know that you will do more work than just writing a check to someone, but we are here to help you if you decide to go for it.

Brian Trubee