From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]Tach sensor
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:26:10 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "GERYVON" <geryvon@sympatico.ca>:

Are you 13B flyers using engine tach, or is there some way to get a tach
read prop rpm? I've heard there's an electronic sensor which reads a

I use a Stewart Warner automotive electronic tachometer and made up a simple
chart to convert engine rpm to propeller rpm from 500 to 6000 rpm.
My propeller speed reduction unit is a 2.11:1  (2.105:1) stepdown ratio.
I rapidly got used to reading engine rpm and feel no need for reading
propeller rpm
Of course, it depends on your own outlook about your installation
Yvon Cournoyer