From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary]Remove rear counterweight.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:25:15 -0400
To: <flyrotary>
Posted for "Ed Anderson" <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>:

Again, I'm into 20B teardown.  Have removed the rear flywheel nut and
auto trans flywheel.  I'm having no success removing the counterweight.
 Have tried the 'T' flywheel puller, but no joy.  Have tried long and
hard with puller on tight and rapped on the edges of
counterweight........without success.   Any suggestions??

Fred, I found that wedging a pry bar between the counter weight and engine
such that a steady pressure is put on the counterweight and then rapping the
edge of the counter weight with a small 2 lb sledge hammer ( don't use a
regular hammer as it does not have the mass to do the job right and you'll
just bang up your counter weight).  This has always worked for me (all of
the three or four tear downs I have done).

Ed Anderson