From: John Slade <jslade@canardaviation.com>
Subject: turbo manifold
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 01:13:54 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
>I am having the exhaust manifold that you recommended, the one you use on your turbo, modified to fit better.
I didn't modify mine. I hope the modifications are done well and don't create a failure mode.
Be sure to support the turbo independently of the manifold. I made a bracket that attaches it to the smog pump mount above. I presume you're planning on an external waste-gate. The details of mine are in my web page. I connected the vacuum to the wrong end first time around - ez to do. Also, I had to replace the spring in the waste-gate with a lighter one to get it to release at a reasonable pressure (for our use). By default they're made for much higher boost levels than we want.
>Any other words of insight?
Can't help you with the dating thing - sorry. Mine's a keeper. I haven't "dated" for 15 years :)

The Kitten is, finally, in a hangar and ready to go except that I still can't get the my second smog pump to create vacuum. I'm thinking Dynon at this stage. I haven't had a chance to fly her since the trip down from CT.

Keep plugging away (at the airplane).
Regards,
John

All the best,