From: Bill Bradburry <bbradburry@bellsouth.net>
Subject: MCT values in the 0-63 area of the EC-2
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 18:35:41 -0400
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

 Tracy is back!  What about this question, Tracy?

The below from a previous email…

Now I have more questions.  I went over and copied down the information in my MAP table today.  I was surprised to learn that the manifold pressures for all addresses from 0 to 63 were set to Zero.  I expected to find actual manifold pressures in there.  Starting with addresses 64 through 127 the manifold pressures increase from 10.0 at address 64 in 0.5 inch increments all the way to 41.8 inches at address 127.  My engine is naturally aspirated, so the manifold pressures above about 30 or 31 will never be used.  I understand that the 0 to 31 addresses are used when the RPM is below 2500 and the manifold pressure is below 13 inches, and that the addresses from 32 to 63 are used when the RPM is between 2500 and 3800 and the manifold pressure is above 13 inches.  But I still don’t understand how the controller would know which address to use with no manifold pressures entered in the table.  Tracy is this is OK?  Will these pressures be added when the engine is ran??

Bill B