From: Ryan Wilkins <ryan@deadfrog.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Cold Oil ... was Spark Plugs
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 14:05:35 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Is there some guidance somewhere indicating the appropriate temperature range?  I've just recently started to look into using a 20B for a homebuilt (probably Velocity XL5) and I'm just trying to make sense of all this.  As this is my first post to the list, I'll introduce myself a little later on today.

Thanks,
Ryan Wilkins

On Oct 20, 2009, at 1:26 PM, Jeff Whaley wrote:

Hey Rino, I would agree that 125F is too cold as well.
My situation is different though as the water temp is 175F when the oil is 135F … I plan to make some restrictor grills for my oil cooler inlets – shooting for 160F year-round.  Don’t forget that is oil-inlet temperature; not sure what the pan or oil-out temperature would be.
Jeff