From: Richard Sohn <res12@fairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: "P" ports (was) Three or two?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:36:32 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

On my one rotor, the P-Port insert is aluminum glued in with J-Bweld. I have about 30hrs of run time under variable conditions including high temperature like 230F cooling fluid. There was never a leak.
I believe that part of the secret is holding the insert in place by other means than glue only. My insert has a flange on the outside, which is bolted to the rotor housing via the intake manifold (Pictures).
This is the way I retained the P-P for the flying engine because it never caused any problem.

FWIW.

Richard Sohn
N2071U