From: Al Gietzen <alventures@cox.net>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] renesis radiator design
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 07:53:05 -0700
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

I plan to run dash 16 lines from it to the inlet/outlet of the water pump.  "T'd" into one of these lines will be a what, dash 4,6(?), line from the bottom of the fill tank(1.5qts), which will also have a small line to an overflow tank.  does the fill tank "T" to the pump input or output line? for clarity, are we calling the output the top or bottom port?

I’d recommend a larger line from the fill tank to expedite filling – maybe -10; and T it into the input side of the pump (bottom port).  That way the filler cap and the bleed lines see the lowest pressure in the system – expediting the flow of trapped air back to the filler tank.

it was mentioned that I may get by without a swirl pot, however, I will need a small (-4?) line for air bubbles tapped from the top of the water pump back to the fill tank, as well as a line from the high point of the radiator back to the fill tank, both of these entering the fill tank above the fluid level line.  am I missing anything?   can the water pump and radiator air bubble line "T" together before entering the fill tank?

Yes.

  is there an air bubble line needed off the rotor housings?  if I install a Schrader valve to pressurize the system, does it matter where? [ I suppose somewhere that doesn't involve removing the cowling].

I’d imagine you’d only be pressure testing with the cowl off. When pressure testing you are putting air into the system, so near a return bleed line would be a good idea.

Al G