From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Thanks John [FlyRotary] Re: Report JOHN!!!! : [FlyRotary] Help for John Slade
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:05:35 -0400
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks for your report, John - even though it looks like I am forced to
retain that damn trophy (for now {:>)).

Right decisions - obviously.  Certainly sounds like the high pressure fuel
might have stirred up crap that got into the filters.  I guess that raises
the question about whether the composite tanks need some better method of
ensuring all the crap is out (other than this way {:>)) after work is done
on them.

Clearly most folks don't have access to high pressure fuel pumps - high
pressure air might do the job, but I assume that was used.  Could be fiber
that was just barely attached and that was knocked loose by the fuel greater
mass and the pressure.

Always gets my heart to pumping a bit harder when such things occur to me.
I also notice how time seems to expand in one sense.  I didn't realize how
much until I did calculation about how much time I had to turn base after
passing the upwind end of the runway - less than 30 seconds for a 5000 foot
runway.  Yet, it seemed I was on downwind for several minutes {:>)

Very glad to get the report

Best Regards

Ed.

Ed Anderson