From: Thomas Mann <tmann@n200lz.com>
Subject: RE: [FlyRotary] Re: Help for John Slade
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:04:28 -0500
To: 'Rotary motors in aircraft' <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

(John mentioned debris caused by some fuel tank work of some sort?)

Yes, John experience some problems with the mogas attacking the epoxy used to build his fuel tanks. That required rebuilding the tanks which I would guess resulted in some particulates that were leftover after initial flushing.

John is a very careful pilot which is why his emergency landing was performed on a runway vs. a field or roadway.

I’m glad to see he is up and running again.