From: Ben Schneider <plumberben@yahoo.com>
Subject: Intake runner tubes / Oshkosh work weekend
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:25:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: FlyRotary List <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>

All,

  Back this afternoon from OSH. Have you ever looked at the grass all along the flight line, and wondered...  "how long does it take to mow all of this?"
Well I can tell you... Not as long as you'd think. But it is a lot of mowing.  Actually about 13 1/2 hours... with 6 mowers at 72 inches wide. If you are at the show this year, and think, man that looks nice. Thank you. If you think, "man these are not very straight passes... you try. You think it is rough in an airplane taxiing, you should get on a mower at full throttle and bounce across it. Backs a hurtin' and allergies are full tilt!

  Actually, we had fun, and it was nice to meet some new people into aviation and the whole EAA experience.

As far as the mold stuff. That is awesome. I am going to call tomorrow to see about pricing. If I could mold it up, and machine it down to my diameter, and even machine in the velocity stack, that is above and beyond what I had in mind.
I see on the website that it is available in 5 gallon or 55 gallon lots, but in the photo shows much smaller containers. I will check into those, as I know I will be making mistakes, but 5 gallons seems like a lot.

I like the idea of corn starch, and may look into using it for the manifold portion, but is it machinable after setting? I really don't know what to expect out of it. May give it a try this week.

I will report findings. Though honestly, I doubt I will get anywhere before OSH.

Ben