From: Yvon Cournoyer <geryvon@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: INJECTION OIL IN FUEL
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:23:26 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thank you all for your inputs. Yvon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 5:48 PM
Subject: [FlyRotary] Re: INJECTION OIL IN FUEL

 Al,
That's a significant reduction i.e. 1oz :225gal or .45 oz : 100 gal.
George( down under)

At first I used a volume mix of 128:1 gas to oil and soon noticed an
increase of engine lubricating oil volume in the oil pan
I have gradually reduced the volume mix of gas to oil to 140:1 but there
is still a slight increase of engine lubricating oil in the pan.
Also a local mechanic has mentionned that the two stroke injection oil
is degrading the 20W-50 engine oil.
How much can I reduce the volume mix of gas to oil ?
Please advise

Yvon

  Yes you will get an oil accumulation and there is no getting around it, I would mix at no less than 100 to 1 ratio, I have seen no problems with the 2-stroke oil mixing in the case oil and only change my oil about every 200 hrs.

 Ken

I started mixing 1 oz/gal (1:128) in my 20B.  In about 15 hours (90 – 100 gals of fuel) a gained about 1.5 qts of 2-stroke oil in the pan oil. That would be about 13 qts in 200 hrs J.

Based on discussion here, I reduced the pre-mix to .75 oz/gal (1:170).  I still find some dilution of pan oil; so I change every 25 hours.  Kind of a spendy waste of 15/50 synthetic, but I don’t think the dilution is a good thing for the gears; and I don’t intend to reduce the pre-mix any further.

Al G