From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: A big win!
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:43:14 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
I assume we are talking about AREA?  Cowl would explode if only 80% of intake air made it out : )   This is a highly conditional subject.  If you look at some of the fastest RV's (Dave Anders, Tracy Sailor, Rich Jankowski, etc, the outlet area is LESS than the inlets.  All depends on what you are optimizing,  how good are your ducts & diffusers, etc.

Tracy (crook, not sailor)