From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Over Voltage?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:57:06 -0400
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
If a short term reading varied that much (14.2 - 14.6) I'd say that was unstable but not an alarming reading.  I use 14.8 as a High alarm and 13.9 as a low alarm.  14.25 is my 'ideal' running point.  The instability is the only thing out of the ordinary although I like the median reading to not go above 14.5V.

BTW,  What WAS your usual reading?   CHANGE is often the important clue.

Tracy