From: Christopher Barber <CBarber@TexasAttorney.net>
Subject: Wire separation?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:34:05 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Since I have had some apparent wire issues I am individually checking all the wires for my ECU, pumps, coils injectors etc.

One of the things Tracy mentions in the wire instructions is to have some wires (ie those running to the injectors and the coils, IIRC) not be bundled with other wires.  My question is what does this mean exactly?  I understand you would not actually tie them together in the same actual bundle, but, some of the basic path, in my case down the co-pilot wire tunnel in a larger canard aircraft, has some of these wires in definite immediate proximity of each other.  Also, of course, as they meet up at the D-sub connections, they run together for a bit.

So, what is the conventional wisdom on the separation of these "noisy" wires.  Since I am checking them all, and some of wires need to be pulled out to do so properly, it seems to be the ideal time to make sure this is done properly and hopefully eliminate one more potential problem.

TIA

All the best,

Chris Barber
Houston