From: Tracy Crook <tracy@rotaryaviation.com>
Sender: <rwstracy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] First Flight
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:32:47 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Hi Jeff,
Yep, Ed's advice was spot on.   Let us know what happens when you continue testing.

Tracy Crook

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Jeff Whaley <jwhaley@datacast.com> wrote:

Hi Tracy, if you haven't already heard it on the blog … my homebuilt made its first flight with the 13B, on Saturday, Nov 29. The engine and PSRU performed flawlessly … except the water temperature reached 230F, oil was only 160F … after reading Ed's email I now know why … I used a non-Mazda thermostat and removed the bypass plug, which I thought was correct … it is only correct if you have the original one … any other thermostat and the bypass is supposed to be plugged.

Jeff Whaley