From: randy echtinaw <rjechtinaw@toast.net>
Subject: Re: [FlyRotary] Re: Question
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:39:29 -0500
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary@lancaironline.net>
Thanks David, where is your oil filler located now?
Randy

On Dec 1, 2008, at 9:08 AM, David Leonard wrote:

2) Need to shorten the oil filler. How is this one removed and can it be threaded for a much shorter cap or easier to plug and add oil somewhere else.
Its press fit.. Get it wiggling back and forth/rotating and you should be able to work it out. Chris and I had our oil filler shortened by a tig welder.

I took my stock one out.  Then I cut off the neck of a plasic qt. oil bottle that had a tapered neck (so the size of the opening would match.  Then I used JB weld to attach it.  Been working fine for 300 hrs.  That is a cold area so the JB holds up nicely.  Supper cheap, supper easy, supper light weight.   Should be a non-issue if the JB breaks down.

-- David Leonard

Turbo Rotary RV-6 N4VY
http://N4VY.RotaryRoster.net
http://RotaryRoster.net